Specialized creative healthy cooking course
«…Vegan, vegetarian, organic & gluten free cuisine….»
Specialized creative healthy cooking course
«…Vegan, vegetarian, organic & gluten free cuisine….»
At the moment our anual online courses are Available in Spanish, hopefully our english version will be soon ready
Advanced cooking course in Madrid
GO TO SPANISH VERSION ONLINE COURSE HERE
30% discount if you enroll in Level I
40% discount enrolling in both levels (Level I and II)
Biocuisine Academy “The Sense of Taste” is a new concept of creative plant based organic cuisine that advocates for environmental respect, sustainability, health and well-being.
Through different creative techniques, Biocuisine use plant based foods as a reference point that stimulates aesthetic sensitivity, emotional development, lateral thinking and intuition. At the same time it is a starting point to claim a conscious future of food. All these aspects make each bite a unique gastronomic journey.
The second level of the annual course goes beyond the acquired skills at level 1 and opens a new culinary dimension linked to health, creativity and personal transformation. The Transcreative Method I created, is a key piece to focus on creative cooking procedures that enhances our personal development.
Level II specialization course is aimed at:
- Those new students who want to study both levels at the same time and same year.
- Alumni who after having achieved level I with us, wish to expand their knowledge.
- Future students who have not attended level I with us, but have demonstrable knowledge and skills, in which prior approval will be required.
The level II intends to expand culinary practice and theoretical training:
- Introduces new techniques and specific concepts about Biocuisine.
- Seeks, through creativity, culinary strategies for personal transformation.
- Overcome creative blocks and their impact on our physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level.
- Understand the relationship between emotions and food.
- Develop deeper learning experiences about macrobiotics, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda, microbiotics, raw food, etc …
- Provide tools to personalize diets.
- Esposes the importance of infant feeding, as the key tool for a new paradigm on food education.
Information and schedule
- Nine month course: from October to June.
- The course is divided into nine intensive training seminars of 10 hours each. One Saturday a month from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Each seminar combines theoretical nutrition and health training, with participatory hands on practical cooking sessions.
- By the end of the course you will be on the path to personal growth and you will be able to develop your own meal, cooking and health plan with excellent results.
- Includes eBook with recipes and summary of each seminar.
- Includes all cooking equipment and ingredients.
- A certificate of attendance will be given at the end of the course
Who is this course for?
To anyone interested in healthy cooking, wanting to change in their diet and incorporate new healthy eating habits, expanding their knowledge in a practical and enjoyable way.
Especially aimed at people looking for new career opportunities, students and professionals in health, nutrition, diet therapy, and naturopathy. For vocational training students, hospitality professionals and chefs who wish to understand the relationship between health, food and creativity; learn new organic plant based cooking techniques.
- Improve and expand knowledge in the management of plant based Biocuisine.
- Learn how to personalize healthy cuisine and understand it as a field of personal development, creativity, mindfulness and self-knowledge.
- Recognize the relationship between food, health and disease, in order to apply skills diet therapy skills .
- Take advantage of creative thinking techniques to transform our reality.
- Explore the creative process, using healthy culinary techniques, to elaborate exceptional unique recipes.
- Establish guiding principles on healthy infant feeding and apply them through Biocuisine.
- Understand the relationship between food, psychology and emotions in order to promote personal transformation
- Develop a mindful eating & cooking practice as a path to understanding the ritual dimension of eating.
- Educate your palate and improve flavor and texture perception, highlighting the Organoleptic properties of healthy cooking.
The second level of the annual course expands your knowledge of healthy eating and opens a new culinary dimension towards health, creativity and personal transformation. Experimentation and personal experience, enables professional development in the field of healthy living.
Level II places special emphasis on creative problem-solving skills on a personal and culinary level, stimulating critical thinking, sensitizing perception and building conceptual framework and their conceptual interrelations. Creativity, therefore, is a transversal tool that guides us throughout the entire course.
Like level I, it is a practical hands-on course, that relates theoretical training with practical trainings cooking sessions. This enables us to communicate through food and express in each recipe our way of seeing the world.
Teachers & Collaborations
Director and teacher of the Biocuisine Academy “The Sense of Taste”. Naturopathic & nutrition specialist, health coach and culinary stylist. Since 2010, she has been devoted to plant based culinary research and its relation to creativity. As a result, in recent years she has developed the Transcreative Method as a tool for personal transformation.
She has been promoter, creative, stylist and eco-chef of Menúdavida Organic Catering,. At the moment, she works as a food designer & healthy gastronomic consultant for reknown companies and brands.
Some of our collaborators may vary from year to year.
Edgar Barrionuevo has a degree in Physical Activity and Sports Sciences, a postgraduate degree in Psychoneuroimmunoendocrinology, Basic and Community Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition and Advanced Food Science. Graduated in Naturopathy and oriental dietetics. Co-founder and director of the PURE CORPORE Health Center. Author and co-author of several books: «The benefits of fasting»; “Healthy Liquid Recipes”; “Food for athletes”.
Author of the Fermentlover blog and professor at the Culinary Institute of Barcelona. She was Biocuisine student in 2011.
Her passion for ferments began when she decided to work as a chef in gastronomy.
Through creative cuisine, she discovered how fermentation has infinite possibilities at the level of flavor, aroma, color, textures and, of course, health.
Focuses on education and therapeutic research. Trainer specialized in Chi kung Fitness and energetic nutrition.
Macrobiotic advisor trained with Carmelo Ruiz Román at the “Ignonamus Macrobiotic Center” in Valencia.
Has studied Traditional Chinese Medicine at the “Escuela Superior de Técnicas Parasanitarias” in Madrid. Master in Reiki, Usui Tibetan system, training in Mikkyo and Tao Yin, with Maria Stella Murias.
Laia Torres Feliu:
Laia Gómez Carreras has a degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Osteopathy, Seawater Therapy and Hado instructor.
Director of Sea Energy Ibiza, a therapeutic center attached to Ibiza and Formentera Agua de Mar. She combines study, research and applications of seawater therapy with Integrative Chinese medicine.
Daniel Nuñez Fernández:
Diploma in Hospitality Management specializing in cuisine (Seville School of Hospitality “Taberna de Alabardero”).
Master in Nutrition from at the Complutense University of Madrid.
Extensive experience in the hospitality sector in England and Spain & experienced teacher in occupational training and labor insertion courses for the Ministry of Agriculture.
Chef at various restaurants by chef Xavier Pellicar (two Michelin stars) and at Puente de Romano Hotel in Marbella (5-star luxury hotel).
Clinical assistant and laboratory technician. She has found in Ayurvedic Medicine a philosophy that bounds together everything that surrounds us. She is a traditional Ayurvedic therapist trained with native teachers at hospitals in Pune, Indiae (endorsed by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences). Specialized in diagnosis and pathology, panchakarma and Ayurvedic massage.
Course Content. First Quarter
Creative cooking process:
- Creative breakfast.
- Application of creative cooking techniques.
- The creative process.
- Construction of meaning.
- Creative techniques: creative adaptation, art and cooking.
- Mindful cooking
- Hypotoxic infant cooking recipes: fun breakfast alternatives, lunch and snacks.
- Infant feeding problems
- Health and infant feeding.
- Stages of infant feeding.
- Feed, nurture or educate.
- Creative Macrobiotic Breakfast
- Macrobiotic cooking II: therapeutic cooking and macrobiotic condiments.
- The 7 Stages of the Health-Disease development.
- Macrobiotics and cancer
- Main forms of cancer and macrobiotic orientation.
- Mindfulcooking & eating practice.
Course Content. Second Quarter
- Sweet healthy breakfast.
- Substitutes for healthy eating.
- Food addictions and emotional ties.
- Brain messages
- Hormone regulation feedback
- Stress and eating behaviors
Food as medicine diet:
- Diet therapy and creativity.
- Body constitution recipes.
- Body constitutions characteristics.
- Pathological tendencies.
- Balance through diet.
- Natural food colours.
- Symbiotic plant based cuisine.
- Innocuous cultured mould
- Koji rice fermentations
- External and internal microbiotics
- Symbiotic nutrition, psychology and emotions.
Course Content. Third Quarter
- Ayurveda cooking II
- Food qualities and effects: Gunas, virya and virpak
- Triguna and food.
- The Ayurvedic concept of imbalance.
- Ayurveda spices and infusions.
- Mindful cooking & eating practice.
- Fasting breakfast preparation.
- The pre-fast kitchen
- Intoxination and Poisoning.
- Characteristics of debugging.
- Phases of fasting: Entry and exit of fasting.
- Metabolic Flexibility Fasting and intermittent fasting ”
- Problems of evolutionary adaptation and metabolic disorders.
- Raw breakfast bowl
- Raw food dehydrator recipes & raw desserts.
- Benefits of “live” food.
- Biophysics of live food.
- Therapeutic use of raw cooking.